Our 10 favourite things to do with yams
© Healthy Food Media Limited, reproduced with permission
from Healthy Food Guide
- Yams are a yummy addition to a roast.
- Try yam mash; it's nice with grilled meat like lamb cutlets.
- A yam cooked for 40-50 seconds in the microwave makes a good snack for
- Sliced yams are great in stir-fries, especially if still slightly crisp.
- Lightly cooked and sliced with a lemon or lime vinaigrette, yams make a
great salad base
- Yams have a natural sweetness which works well with ginger, orange or sweet
and sour type sauces.
- Yams are delicious drizzled with honey and roasted in the oven until soft
- Roast yams with red onions and pumpkin and toss through pasta for a quick
- Grate yams and use raw in salads - try yam and carrot with a lemony dressing.
- Lightly cook yams in the microwave, then stir-fry with sliced almonds and
freshly grated ginger.